Sunday, August 2, 2009

Outdoor and Indoor Electronic Insect & Mosquito Killer --- Eliminates Mosquitoes Flies Using UV LED Lights To Attrack insects into The Vacuum Insect Trap

Outdoor and Indoor Electronic Insect & Mosquito Killer --- Eliminates Mosquitoes Flies Using UV LED Lights To Attrack insects into The Vacuum Insect Trap

Price: $23.99
Manufacturer: International
Buy from amazon.com



Information

  • Amazon Sales Rank: #504 in Lawn & Patio
  • Brand: Pest Control
  • Model: Pest Control 44
  • Safe for use around humans & pets
  • Fan Sucks Insects Inside
  • Insects are trapped inside removable net
  • Helps to eliminate flying insects such as mosquitoes, flies, moths & gnats
  • Uses a bright UV LED to lure insects & a rotating fan to create a vacuum to trap bugs

Product Reviews

It works for a limited purpose; design needs one enhancement
I bought this device for one purpose: to catch that single [...] mosquito that always seems to sneak into my room just before I go to bed. I received the device yesterday and plugged it in. An hour before bed, sure enough I saw a mosquito buzz past me as I went into my room. I set the device up on a desk pointing at the entire room, then turned off all other lights and left the room for about 1 hour (watched some tv). As I came into the room to sleep, I went to the device and low-and-behold that one [...] mosquito was stuck in it, but she got out right as I picked up the device. The problem is the net part does not sit snug to the fan exhaust. There is a circular gap big enough for a mosquito to get blown through. The good news is the mosquito was worn out from being inside it and I easily smashed it (good luck doing that with a live one that just got in the room -- those suckers are smart!).

I intend to modify it slightly by adding a cut piece of an old bike inner tube to snug the net part against the fan exhaust.

Pros: no poison, cheap, easy to move/use, relatively quiet (but you can definitely hear the fan).

Cons: very limited use (good luck outdoors or for serious indoor killing), can't have it on while sleeping b/c lights must be constantly on for it it work, and net part does not sit snug against fan exhaust so incoming mosquitoes can get shot out the back or into the back exhaust part where they eventually get out.

Overall: I'd buy it again because it helped me catch that one mosquito that always gets in the room before bed. I suspect it will do the same thing many evenings this summer.

Works great indoors
We've had influxes of mosquitos in our apartment every few years, for unknown reasons. They were back in force the last couple of months, and we'd kill a couple of mosquitos a day. When I received the LED Bug Trap, I put it in our bedroom, and over the next three days it killed 15 mosquitos!!

At night, the lights are bright, but if you point it away from you, you should be able to sleep. I liked this thing so much I bought a second one for the living room and have recommended it to others in our building.

As the previous poster mentions, many mosquitos don't end up in the net besket. In fact, I've found most (dead) mosquitos laying in the bottom of the device -- just remove the basket and shake the shell. Also, you will find dead ones outside the machine. I think they get batted around by the fan and die. Bit it kills mosquitos, which is why I give it 5 stars.

In the three weeks I've had these, killing 25-30 mosquitos, only once did I open the filter to find a live one fly out. We still get bitten now and then, before the mosquitos find the trap, but they eventually do. So, we've basically eliminated our mosquito problem.

I have not tried this outdoors.

Does not attract or catch mosquitoes
Mosquitoes ignore this little joke of a device completely, and even if one were to fly into it, the fan is so weak that it would have no trouble flying right out. A waste of money, particularly since the seller's return policy is "no returns"


No comments:

Post a Comment